Morocco inaugurated the fastest train in Africa Yesterday. This will halve the travelling time between Casablanca and Tangier.
Among the people that boarded the train during this historical moment is King Mohammed VI and French President Emanuel Macron from Tangier to Rabat.
Here are some quick notes:
- According to state news agency (MAP), It cost freaking $2.4bn (22.9 billion dirhams).
- The connecting track took 7 years to complete.
- It will last 2 hrs. to travel from Casablanca to Tangier.
- It’s about twice as fast as South Africa’s high-speed train connecting Jo’berg’s international airport to Sandston.
- Morocco Launches Africa’s fastest train.